Followers

Sunday, February 11, 2024

SHAIK - MY WONDER BOY

 

There is a boy in the neighborhood where I serve the neurodivergent community, his name is Shaik, 7 years old. He suffers from Down syndrome and is slow in speaking. He is a sweet child in our community, always careful when interacting with others. His cognitive quality may be limited compared to children his age, but what I like most about him is his ability to accept the existence of other people (normal or special).


I like talking to Shaik, even though he might not answer me because of his limited vocabulary. I was curious to ask him what his greatest wish would be if God appeared to him. Will he ask the same questions as his friends at the orphanage; does he want to be born and look normal? In other people's eyes, Shaik may be invisible but, in my eyes he looks very beautiful.

 

Is it because humans are presented into the world in the same way, so they are expected to think and behave identically?
If you have a different way of thinking and living, is it considered useless?

No comments:

Post a Comment

'I AM'

  Our value is determined by ourselves, not from both other people's approval and validation We are who we are, not what other peopl...